Eskwelabs inspires, equips, and connects young people in Southeast Asia to opportunities in the future of work through data skills.
We are an ed-tech startup founded in Singapore with the goal of democratizing digital skills. We pioneer blended learning models to provide equitable and effective courses in the most in-demand skills to people across the country. Our students see Eskwelabs programs as a chance for them to grow into meaningful careers where they can use their newly acquired skills. We are looking for team players interested in learning and growing with Eskwelabs.
Experience what it's like to be part of a mission-driven company! We are a small team of passionate and self-driven individuals from different backgrounds with the same vision and goals! As we grow and scale, we are looking for an experienced React Developer to deliver amazing user experiences to our students across different platforms.
What we’re looking for
As a React Developer, your work will have a meaningful impact on the educational experience of our students. If you are keen to hone your user experience and design thinking skills and you want to experience working with a data-driven and customer-centric team - read on!
- You are passionate about design thinking and crafting user-centric solutions
- You want to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment with a great team committed to continuous learning
- You are an ambitious, self-driven and motivated individual that likes to contribute and make an impact in an ed-tech startup
- You have a growth mindset, agile, flexible, a self-starter, and loves learning
What you’ll do
- You will work on our Next.js React applications (React, TypeScript, JSX, CSS)
- You will incorporate PWA features
- You will work with our full stack developers consuming our GraphQL and REST APIs
- You will help us build experimental prototypes
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will develop the frontend of our mobile-first progressive web applications using conversational UI and real time messaging
- You will incorporate browser features for web push messaging and HTML camera APIs
- You will ensure low bundle sizes and fast loading with good Core Web Vitals scores
- Strong knowledge of modern HTML and CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Material UI, Tailwind CSS)
- At least two years commercial experience building React applications
- An understanding of offline-first web applications
- An understanding of Core Web Vitals and how to monitor and improve these metrics
- You are comfortable with version control (Git / Github)
- You have the desire to learn and to grow your career
- Experience with Next.js
- Knowledge of mobile browser HTML APIs for camera features
- Experience building PWAs (manifest, service workers, web push)
What’s in-store for you
- Continuous Learning > Get access to our educational resources and learn the top skills and tools of data science and business analytics on a side trip
- Flexible Time > Feel free to work on your own time without compromising your effectiveness in delivering your tasks on time and communicating with the team
- Adjustable Work Arrangements > Work remotely and/or physically in our headquarters at AIM Conference Center (when safe again to do so)
Mentorship & Coaching >
Receive mentorship with our co-founders, instructors, and career coaches