Eskwelabs is an online data upskilling school based in Manila. We are on a mission to provide a fun and exciting way to learn the most advanced cutting-edge skills for people of any background through data education and job placement. Eskwelabs designs and delivers part-time blended learning programs that help workers launch new careers and upskill in data science skills.
Eskwelabs is a social impact startup founded in Singapore with the support of international investors. We’re looking for passionate and talented team players who want to make a difference in people's lives, enter the world of advanced technology education, and push the limits of innovation in Southeast Asia.
Since 2019, Eskwelabs has served more than 3,000 learners. Our founders are recognized by Forbes as 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs, and our programs have been certified by the Education Alliance of Finland for our excellence in pedagogy. Eskwelabs was the winner of the “Digital Skills for Today's Workforce” challenge organized by the Asian Development Bank for two years in a row.
Why join the Mentor Pool?
We are building a community of talented mentors in the field of data science and business analytics to support, coach, and help our students to prepare them for the future of work. As we envision ourselves to equip our learners in data skills, Eskwelabs Mentors play a vital role in the learning journey of our students as they acquire new skills that they may use in the future of work.
Being part of the mentor pool provides you with access to the monthly updates on mentorship opportunities of Eskwelabs’ recurring and upcoming projects. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about upcoming projects depending on their skills and availability
What will you gain from the mentorship experience?
- Inspire - Lead our learners to acquire the necessary skills for data science and business analytics. Motivate them to achieve their goals and grow as successful individuals
- Grow - Develop your professional skills such as leadership, coaching, and management strategies through the mentorship program
- Collaborate - Work and connect with the most passionate and self-driven individuals from the diverse team, instructors, partners, and co-mentors!
- Contribute - Share your expertise with our aspiring data scientists and help them create their best learning experience with Eskwelabs
About the Role
What we're looking for
- You like sharing your knowledge in data science, analytics, and business intelligence.
- You know how to use the tools and how to apply the concepts of data science, analytics, and business intelligence.
- You enjoy learning new things and improving your skills & knowledge in data science and data analytics.
- You keep up to date with the fast-moving data science & business analytics industries.
- You have the passion to coach and mentor learners in achieving their goals!
- You want to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment with a great team committed to continuous learning.
- You have a growth mindset, agile, flexible, a self-starter, and loves learning.
What you'll do
- To be the coach of our students by answering questions and concerns, and help them to do well on hackathons and team exercises. Mentors should also give feedback to Eskwelabs about the student’s progress and performance
- To be the cheerleader of our students by encouraging them to win points, challenges, and Hackathons. Mentors should also encourage them to work together, make friends among classmates, persevere, and believe in themselves.
Responsibilities & Duties
Mentors are expected to work at a specific time per sprint. The schedule and time frame will be discussed during mentor orientation.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in data science concepts and tools such as Python, NumPy, web scraping, core machine learning math and statistics, data engineering, (un)supervised learning, etc.
- You have a preference for those with industry experience.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have the passion to motivate others and go the extra mile to coach our students.
- You are approachable and friendly.
- You worked for 1-2 years as a Data Scientist
- You are currently employed and you are currently looking for an opportunity to supplement your income outside of your work hours.
- You are deeply comfortable with Jupyter notebooks, Python, NumPy, programming, data processing, SQL query, ML, etc.
- You have coached someone from your peers in your workplace, and you have lots of empathy for learners.
What's in-store for you
- Continuous Learning - Get free access to the learning materials, lesson plans, extra resources, modules, online talks of our educational programs and continue learning the top skills and tools of data science and business analytics
- Adjustable Work Arrangement - Work remotely with our online classes
- Diverse Team - Learn and collaborate with our diverse team, which came from different backgrounds and work experiences
- Earn Extra - Earn extra while working on your day job. We are giving a bonus payment excluding the base pay depending on the student’s feedback on our mentors